Apr 13, 2013

God Remembered Me

Book Details:
Authors: Joseph Banks & Jerry Borrowman
Release Date: April 2013
Publisher: Covenant
Genre: Inspiration

Joseph Banks was like any young man who wanted to serve a mission...

But in 1939, about his time to serve, the Church leaders ceased issuing mission calls, due to the start of World War II.

Joseph works and marries, but his desire to serve his country is strong.

In 1941 Joseph is drafted into the army air corps.

If he completes 50 B-17 bomber missions he will be able to return home to his wife and son.

However, on his 49th mission, his aircraft is shot down.

Joseph is the only survivor and is taken hostage as a Prisoner of War.

I was touched by this quote:
"How could I know then that this call to arms would lead to the most awful experiences of my life--to scenes of horror that I shudder to recall even today? At the same time, there was simply no way I could predict that these perilous times would also lead to the most inspiring moments of my life."

This booklet is his true story of what it was like being a POW and the many miracles that happened to him for his safe escape.

Co-authored by Jerry Borrowman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template