Dec 2, 2012

For Times of Trouble

"When difficult days (and nights!) come-- and they will-- it will help us to remember that 'it must needs be,' that in the grand councils of heaven before the world was, we agreed to such a time of challenge and refinement. We were taught then that facing, resolving, and enduring troublesome times was the price we would pay for progression."

So starts this new book from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland where he helps us find spiritual solace from the Psalms.

Each chapter is only a page or two long so it is easy to read and then ponder.  Elder Holland gives excellent commentaries to make these Psalms even more meaningful!

Beautiful artwork is woven throughout the book!

Some of my favorite Psalms in the book:

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the Lord.~ Psalms 27: 14

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.~ Psalms 30:5

As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I cry aloud; and he shall hear my voice.~ Psalm 55: 16-17

I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of they doings.~ Psalm 77:12

He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children; Praise ye the Lord.~ Psalm 113:9

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear; what can man do unto me?~ Psalm 118:6

And of course, there is a whole chapter on The 23rd Psalm...

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.



Included with the book is a 2-hour DVD of Elder Holland teaching and bearing testimony.





1 comments:

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template