Jul 16, 2014

Meet M.R. Polish / Rose Morgan

M.R. Polish was born in Idaho, a long, long, long, maybe not that long time ago.... Writing has always been there for her. Growing up, her mind was filled with stories, some she shared and others she filed away to write down later in life.

It wasn't until 2011 that she decided to publish her stories for everyone to enjoy. Her first award and when writing became more than just an idea was in the 5th grade. She won the scary story contest for the school newspaper. It is one story she still has tucked away for memories. Her teacher told her she could be anything she wanted and that she had a talent for writing, being creative and drawing people into her stories. 

M.R. took that to heart and continued to write, although mostly in secret until recent years.
Now you can find her enjoying life with her family - wrangling her four kids, setting traps in the house with toys for unsuspecting victims (aka, her husband) and writing down all her crazy and fun stories.

"Life is too short to stand by and watch everyone else live your dreams. The bigger the dream, the bigger the adventure!" ~ M.R. Polish

TEN FUN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT
M.R. POLISH

1. When I was younger we lived on the Quileute Reservation outside of Forks, WA. Yes, the very same in Twilight and where Jacob lives ;)

2. I have been told I’m crafty lol. I can crochet, draw, write, and I love to cook from scratch. I can make some fun things out of almost nothing, kinda like MacGyver.

3. I have what some people say are strange phobias. I have automatonophobia….or otherwise known as a fear of robots, or even more specifically, androids. Anything human-like creeps me out!

4. Once I had a cougar stalk me. I was camping and I woke up in the middle of the night when something hit my head from outside of the tent (YES, it was a massive paw) and luckily, we made it from tent to truck where the cougar appeared and paced the truck till sunrise. You can bet that I’m not a huge camper anymore. Well, unless hotels count.

5. In the fifth grade I won a Halloween scary story contest. It was a horrible story but I give my younger-self an A+ for imagination.

6. I am in my XX’s and am taking piano lessons. It has always been something I wanted to learn and now I am. It’s fun, and I think one day I’ll hold my own playing for my family lol.

7. I was a professional photographer for years before getting the nerve up to do what my true love was, and that is writing. I love taking pictures and still do it for certain people when asked. But now, I write as Rose Morgan and as M.R. Polish… because I like to write different genres I had to make a split personality with my names. Hehehe.

8. I home school all of my kids. I have three in school and one that is just starting preschool.

9. I LOVE to play games like cribbage and canasta. My grandpa was a cribbage champion.

10. I am a Comedian. At least that’s what I’m told by my close family and friends. I laugh and love to make jokes (especially when nervous)… and anything that I can make fun of (at my own expense) I do to make others laugh as well.

As she said M.R. Polish also writes under 
Rose Morgan, an LDS Fiction Writer
and she has a NEW book out~

SOUL DEEP
Following her violent death, Whitney assumed she’d go to Heaven, since good people don’t go to Hell. Or do they? Trapped in Spirit Prison and forced to face the man who killed her, Whitney realizes just how far from Heaven she truly is.

The Dark Ones, intent on having every soul share the darkness with them, gives Whitney an ultimatum that will determine the fate of her loved ones—both alive and dead. Tempted on all sides and crippled with guilt, she must learn to have faith for a chance at having an eternity in Heaven, or she will forever be lost in an inescapable Hell.

EXCERPT
"Curling my knees up to my chest, I wrapped my arms around them and clung tightly to the only thing I had left—my memories. 

I could hear the sound of my daughters laughing, the warmth of my husband’s embrace, my mom’s smile. 

The air vanished from my chest, replaced by an intense ache that hurt worse than any physical pain I ever had while living.

I couldn't deal with this. Not right now. There was no way I was ready to let myself grieve yet. 

Funny, I always thought it was just those we left behind who grieved, but now I knew otherwise."

2 comments:

  1. This was so much fun! Thank you for having me. What an honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!
      It was fun getting you know you better :)

      Delete

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template