Feb 12, 2019

Chasing Fireflies

CHASING FIREFLIES
by Taylor Dean

My sisters think I'm crazy.

But, I've never forgotten the mysterious woman from my childhood who told me Paul is the name of my one true love. She told me to search far and wide for him.
I haven't stopped looking ever since.

When I stumble across an article about a successful American entrepreneur named Paul who lives and works in China, I'm intrigued. When the opportunity to teach English in China presents itself on the same day, I know it's not a coincidence.

It's destiny.

My sisters say I'm chasing a dream.

Just like the fireflies we tried to catch on the warm summer evenings of our youth, the dream seems beyond my grasp. Will my quest for the elusive Paul always be just short of fulfillment?

My sisters tell me it's a fool's errand.

Until I remind them of the day we saw the Red Bird.
The memory silences them. The Red Bird Incident remains inarguable--and proves my search for Paul is not a silly fantasy.

I will find Paul . . . I will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOW!  I LOVED THIS BOOK!

I especially loved the fact that a lot of the story is based on true experiences that happened to the author's daughter while she was living in China teaching English for a semester.

And there is a "stairwell" scene that I so want everyone to read!

New friends, travel experiences, tender feelings, and an ending with a wonderful twist, makes this a book that really is AMAZING!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comments:

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template