May 26, 2015

Meet Serena Clarke

Serena Clarke is from sunny Southern Utah, where it sits like an oasis in the middle of the desert. She has loved writing since she was young and has taken several writing classes. She loves fantasy with a hint of romance and wishes to contribute to the genre.

Serena has a Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design and is a member of the Red Mountain Shadows Publishing team. She is passionate about learning, reading, art, and design. She enjoys designing her book covers as much as writing her books.
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT SERENA

1. One of my favorite quotes is this: “Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.”

2. I love fantasy! I love that anything can happen! In fantasy you are not restricted by society or politics or history. Whether reading it or writing it, I love escaping into a world that is different than the one I live in. A world where there are princes and princesses, warriors, treasure, mystical creatures that you can’t be sure if they are good or bad, true love, happy endings, mystery.

3. I am a graphic designer and create book covers for independent authors and those writing their family history.

4. I play the piano and give piano lessons.

5. I used to accompany my mother when she would sing in concerts and recitals.

6. I played on the exact same grand piano as John Phillip Sousa. After tuning it, Sousa carved his name inside the piano and then gave a recital. The piano is at Estes Park, Colorado, and is known to be haunted.

7. Even though I choose to live in a desert region, I don’t love the desert. I love the mountains surrounding it, the warm weather, and the small town feeling.

8. I have five sisters and I’m the fifth in line. When we get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas, it’s a madhouse. It’s noisy and loud and fun. We play games and drive each other crazy, but we love each other all the same.

9. I have a bucket list. I still have many things to do. Among the ones I have done are flying in a helicopter, speeding down a zipline, eating frog legs and a roasted cricket.

10. When I graduated from high school, I went to Hawaii with a friend. We saw beautiful waterfalls, drank coconut milk from a coconut, and watched the sun set over the ocean but we never went to a Luau. It was on my bucket list. Many years have past since then. I finally told my dad and he said he knew how to prepare a Luau and had done it before. He knew how to dig a hole in the ground and roast a pig. So guess what? I’m having an official Luau for my birthday in July with tiki torches, fresh cut fruit, Hawaiian music, and a roasted pig with an apple in its mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Serena has two intriguing romantic fantasy books out 
with a third one on the way.

Fantasy is one of the most popular genres because the reader is taken into a completely new world, a world of magic and mystery with an enchanting kingdom and mystical creatures.




The Treasure of Isian is the first book in The Isian Series. Prince Garin is a brave, proud, adventure-seeking prince. Elani is his most trusted servant and she would do anything for him. Their quest to find the mystical Treasure of Isian is immediately interrupted and they find themselves confronted by giants, elves, dragons, and a vengeful water-witch. Elani must face her greatest fears to save her prince and her kingdom. Will they be able to make a great sacrifice to save the kingdom?

“The Treasure of Isian was a stirring tale of an enchanted servant and a handsome prince,” wrote Author Charissa Stastny. “The adventures they face together as they search for the fabled treasure of Isian that will grant the bearer any wish they desire. Once I picked it up, I couldn’t put it down. The author did a wonderful job pacing the story and connecting me to the characters. Superb story that brought a smile to my face and helped me remember that sometimes, we can overlook the most valuable treasures in life if we’re not careful.”


In The Alliance of Isian, Isian decides to make an alliance with their long time enemies. Isian sends a proposal, offering their daughter to the prince, in order to ensure an alliance. Princess Gabrielle and Prince Alec must learn to work together and trust each other in order to triumph in the approaching war. With a mysterious beast attacking the kingdom, their lives in danger, and overcoming their vast cultural differences, will love grow despite their trials?

When we think of fantasy, we think of magic and mythical creatures, but it is not the same without some romance. Cheryl Larson wrote: “I am always intrigued by stories of arranged marriages and how they turn to marriages filled with love. There is plenty of action and intrigue in the storyline. I can't wait for the next book in the series!”

   



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template