Aug 30, 2019

A Little Bit About Me - #2


MY LOVE OF READING

My mother instilled in me the love of reading. From the time we were little children, she used to read to us at bedtime. Since that time I read every night in bed before falling asleep. I recently saw a sign that said:

 "I don't have a bedtime, 
I have a booktime." 

That is exactly what I have!

Luckily I married a man who also loves to read. His reading schedule is kind of brutal. Each night he reads a page or two from the following: an LDS author, one of his favorite authors, a new author, Personal Come Follow Me, Primary Come Follow Me, a Church Doctrine book, The Ensign, The Book of Mormon, the German Liahona, a book in German, a science textbook, a classic, a Franklin Classic, and a book from his to-be-read pile.

As a young mother I read to my children every night. I allowed all three of them to choose a book. We would then get onto one of the beds where I would read all three stories. As they got older and wanted longer stories, I encouraged them to read after school and before they fell asleep.

I love reading and firmly believe that children should be taught how to read.

This is the book I am reading right now- 
Watch for my upcoming review.
(Click on the picture to learn about the plot)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template