Jul 21, 2014

Meet Ashley Lavering

Ashley Lavering~ A nomad at heart, I currently claim Nevada as my home. I have a wonderful husband and two young children that put up with my “writing time.” When I’m not pondering on a spell that will magically calm the ferocious winds that plague the air around me, you can find me, with notepad in hand, frantically jotting down ideas in those short moments between caring for my girls.
Art and science have always been my yin and yang. Throughout my college career, I shifted between the two, but in the end I graduated with a Bachelors of Mathematics and Science from the University of Wyoming.

Charging into adventures and discovering something new has always been a passion of mine, but as a teenager I use to run screaming from a reading or writing assignment. Looking back, the irony isn’t lost on me. Now you can’t catch me without a book in hand or without an open word document. Every time a new idea pops into my mind my heart races and my hand twitch to write it. In that moment, I have my writer's high and pray it will sustain me through thousands of hours of revision.


TEN FUN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ASHLEY
1. I have sky dived in Monterrey, CA

2. I’ve been a scuba diver since I was 12 and have dived in Belize and off the coast of CA. So Fun!

3. I’ve been glacier hiking in Alaska and got to ride in a helicopter.

4. I won the best undergraduate poster award at the 2005 Rocky Mountain Conference of Parasitology with my work on microscopic parasites in Wyoming ground squirrels.

5. I enjoy singing and was in the college play Oklahoma.

6. I have a jewelry phobia. I know weird, right? You should’ve seen my husband’s face when he proposed to me and it took me like five minutes just to try on the ring. Since then, I have been working on the phobia. Still don’t like jewelry much, but can touch it someJ

7. I’m absolutely in love the movie How to Train Your Dragon 1 and 2!!!

8. Instead of having a cuddle blanket that I couldn’t live without, I had a 101 camera as a child. (Yes, I still love photography and laugh at all the blackmail pictures I have of my family.)

9. I used to run screaming from a writing assignment throughout all of my schooling. Yes, even in college and when I first started writing my novels (the love of storytelling helped me get my first novel finished).

10. My family owned a candy business most of my childhood. We had to stuff boxes with candy out in the garage which we fondly named “The Dungeon!” Oh, and now I’m a health nut.

Ashley writes clean YA paranormal romance~

Curse of the Beast (Curse of the Beast #1)

A dark shadow stalks the night, watching her—waiting to claim what is his.

Seventeen-year-old Tayla Jonas longs for a simple life, but after a traumatizing family loss, she is forced to be both mother and sister to her cousins while caring for her mentally unstable aunt. Moving to her grandma’s quiet town of Cody, Wyoming, Tayla finds some normalcy with her quirky green activist friend, Chel, who spends no time converting her to vegetarianism.

A few weeks into her new school, Tayla catches the eye of Kyle Harrington—the high school quarterback and resident millionaire—who can seduce any girl with his charismatic charm, including Tayla. But Kyle is anything but what he seems.

Walking through City Park, Tayla is unaware that an ancient curse has her in its crosshairs. The silver moonlight illuminates the path to her van, sprinkling shadows like evil twinkling eyes. Tayla’s skin prickles, and she turns. Something—or someone—is watching her.

A powerful werewolf steps from the shadows. An iridescent blue chord shoots from him and slams into her stomach, dissolving instantly. Pain wracks her body, and she tries to scramble to safety, but his silver eyes freeze her in place as the curse binds them together. The chord settles deep inside her body, coiling with dread around her heart.

Dismayed by the prospect of a werewolf for a shadow, Tayla fears for the safety of her friends and family. How will she keep the werewolf’s insatiable hunger in check? Her plans for a vegetarian lifestyle quickly dwindle away, and Tayla wrestles to fit her frazzled life back together—piece by piece. But what she didn’t expect was her attraction to the werewolf or the power of the full moon.

Will Tayla be strong enough to survive the Curse of the Beast? Or will it consume her like so many before?

FREE on AMAZON | GOODREADS

Star Cursed (Curse of the Beast #2)

Seventeen-year-old Tayla will never forget Beast’s fiery-venom spreading through her body like an infection. Now, with her best friend Chel’s help, she must find a human true love before the last petal falls from her enchanted rose or the full moon will transform her into a wolf forever.

But Tayla never expected that her biggest obstacle would come from inside—a wolf presence threatening to take her very soul. At every turn, the she-wolf exploits Tayla’s weaknesses and gains enough control to sabotage her dates. Tayla struggles to control her unruly wolf and her forbidden attraction to Beast. But can she resist his southern charm, the she-wolf’s attraction to his alluring scent, and still fall in love with a human?

Tangled in a web of wills, Tayla must risk everything to break the Curse of the Beast. With failure and possible death looming overhead, Tayla will do anything to find true love. But will one moon cycle be long enough to conquer her wolf and remain human? Or will she become a permanent member of Beast’s pack?


After Star (Curse of the Beast Book 3)

A Choice was Made
The Curse was Broken
Yet the Wolf Remains

Tayla’s life changed forever the day she became a werewolf in James’ pack (aka Beast). Now they must flee their Wyoming home to escape the increasing wolf hunts caused by Kyle. With James, her alpha and intended mate, she finds refuge in the remote area of Crouch, Idaho.

Settled into her new home with the man of her dreams by her side, Tayla wonders if she’s finally found some peace, but it doesn't take long for enemies to find her. They taunt her with secrets from James’ past, and revenge stalks the pack at every turn.

When James is severely wounded with an unknown poison, it is up to Tayla and her best friend, Chel, to solve the mystery of the poison’s origin and find a cure. Will they be strong enough to handle the truth they discover and defeat their enemies? Or will time run out and werewolves die?

4 comments:

  1. Your tidbits of your life are very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for writing clean stories. I am never sure what I may find in a book I choose to read; or if I am going to have to skip pages or just put the book down altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, I AGREE!
      I LOVE promoting "clean" authors for that very reason!
      Thanks for your comments!
      Come visit my site often :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you both! I love to write clean stories. They make my heart feel good. Thanks for sharing that with me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley is supporting my $175 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway :)
    Enter to WIN @ http://ilovetoreadandreviewbooks.blogspot.com/2014/07/summer-fun-175-amazon-gift-card-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template