Authors: Kylene and Jonathan Jones
Release Date: July 2014
Publisher: Plain Sight Publishing
Genre: Self-Help, Emergency Preparedness
EVERY HOME NEEDS TO HAVE A COPY OF THIS BOOK!
Which of the following best describes YOU?
*Oblivious: Do not believe that anything bad will ever really happen.
*Target Painters: Want to paint a target right on their head/home so the first bomb will drop there and everything will be over quickly.
*Rat Racers: Understand the need to prepare and have it on their very long to-do list.
*Excuse Slayers: Understand that sometimes bad things happen and are doing everything in their power to prepare for it.
No matter where you are NOW this book will help you prepare for the FUTURE!
Filled with practical advice on how to know what dangers could happen in your area of living, what to do if it happens, and website links to explore...
You will learn how to prepare for natural disasters, outbreaks, personal disasters and more.
With this book you can not only survive,
but you can THRIVE!
You will learn about:
*Family Emergency Plans
*Water Storage and Purification
*Food Storage Plans
*And the list goes on
There is SO MUCH WONDERFUL INFORMATION in this book!
I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERY HOME HAVE A COPY!
DON'T WAIT FOR THE DISASTER TO HAPPEN
AND DON'T PANIC UNTIL IT DOES
Take it step-by-step and chapter-by-chapter to
SIMPLY BECOME A PRACTICAL PREPPER
WITH THE HELP OF THIS BOOK!
Kylene has an educational background in business management and family studies. She has also served on the advisory board and on the board of directors for TACDA and is currently the editor for The Journal of Civil Defense. She has a passion for researching and experimenting, which adds a sense of real life to her writing and teaching. A firm believer in hands-on learning, she involves her family in emergency training for everything from fire drills to living off food storage and garden produce to turning off the power in the dead of winter just to see if they can survive it.
Ten Fun Things to Know About the Joneses
Jonathan and Kylene are a great illustration of how opposites attract to create something uniquely amazing. They are completely different in many aspects of their personalities and behaviors. Yet they balance each other out and together are something far greater than either of them could be alone. They chose a very challenging life when as two single parents they decided to get married. The instant family included 7 children ages 11, 12, 12, 12, 14, 15 and 16. Within a few years, they added twin girls and a couple of boys for a grand total of 11. It took these two opposite personalities to be able to raise this family and survive the chaos. Let us share a few examples:
|Taken BEFORE they had their youngest|
2. Jonathan likes dark chocolate. The darker the better. He is quite content with a little piece every few days or so and could survive quite nicely without it. Kylene is addicted to milk chocolate. None of that bitter, put-hair-on-your-chest, stuff. A day without chocolate is a sad day in Kylene’s world.
3. Kylene speaks her mind. She does not have a working filter on her mouth. You never have to wonder what is on her mind or how she feels about a given situation. Jonathan on the other hand is always politically correct. True to his engineer nature, he analyses every possible response and always comes across as intelligent and wise.
4. Jonathan, being the engineer of course, must get the maximum use out of every product. When questioned about his well-worn holey shoes, he routinely exclaims, “What? These still have 100,000 miles in them.” Kylene values provident living, but hates it when Jonathan goes out in his trashed jean shorts, worn t-shirt, and holey shoes. Jonathan doesn’t see a problem with it. They worked out this problem by placing the clothes in a box marked “Jon’s Apocalypse Clothes” and agreeing to allow those final 99,000 miles to be captured during the Apocalypse.
6. They are self-proclaimed geeks. Absolutely committed to providing for their family even during challenging times, they are both provident preppers. Yet Jonathan focuses his efforts on protecting the family, alternative energy, and harvesting water while Kylene’s worries about having enough toilet paper, food, and cooking it all.
7. Jonathan is all about numbers and spreadsheets. He tracks our supplies on highly complex spreadsheet and finds joy in counting and tallying the resources. Kylene’s method of tracking food storage consists of organizing proteins in one area, fruits and vegetables in another, baking supplies in another, and so on. She knows what she needs through a quick glance at the storage room.
8. Jonathan’s idea of the perfect life is a nice condo with a postage stamp sized yard. He works in the garden because he is duty bound to provide for his family while Kylene’s happiest moments are spent planting, weeding, pruning, harvesting and just playing in the well-rotted manure pile.
10. And finally, the most difficult of all differences to tolerate. Jonathan loves Disco (although he doesn’t like to dance) and a variety of 70’s music. Music from the 50’s and 60’s makes him a happy man. Kylene is a big country music fan and loves to sing and dance to musicals. Alas, can you see the problem?
In spite of their differences, the Joneses are the very best of friends and enjoy each other’s company. They are united in their goals to bless and serve others. They love their family and are dedicated to serving God. It just doesn’t get much better than that.
(A review copy was provided, however, all reviews are of my own opinion :)