A review copy was provided
Book DetailsAuthor: Stephen J. Valentine
Release Date: February 2015
Publisher: Sweetwater Books
Genre: Middle Sci-Fi
Do you love to play video games?
Carter Chance is a genius...He is also a little bored.
So when a new video game store comes to town he takes a look.
But things don't seem quite right.
While investigating Carter is offered a job to mastermind a new version of The Lazarus Game.
The Lazarus Game is amazing and everyone wants to spend hours playing it.
Only one problem...
As they do they are also giving up their very souls to bring back geniuses from the past.
Can Carter stop the madman before it is "game over?"
This is a FUN book with lots of action, adventure, and intrigue.
It really makes you think about some of the video games out there!
While the humor is geared towards a middle-grade boy...this is a PERFECT book to be read by the whole family.
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT THE AUTHOR
1. The movie theater/game store in “The Lazarus Game” is based on the Capitol Theatre in Brigham City, Utah, where I grew up. It is still in operation today, one of the few old elegant movie theaters still in business.
2. My favorite book is “To Kill a Mockingbird.” The recent announcement of an additional book by Harper Lee was about as astonishing to me as if they’d found human life on another planet!
3. I’m also a huge J.R.R. Tolkien nerd (way before the movies!) and have collected dozens of editions of his famous trilogy, including editions in Russian, Spanish, German, French, and Canadian (Frodo has an annoying habit of adding “eh” to the end of all his statements).
4. I started writing at the age of four. You can still find lots of four-year old humor in my books.
5. I have traveled to 48 of 50 states in the U.S; 49 of 51 if you count Canada as a state. (I love Canada, by the way—but I have many Canadian friends and love to tease them.)
6. My favorite places to write are in public places—airports, libraries, etc. The surrounding noise is like white noise to me.
7. The worst thing when writing is to be interrupted—potty breaks, eating, and loved ones are all huge distractions while “in the flow” of the story. All you authors out there know what I’m talking about.
8. My favorite place on earth is Disneyland with my family. We have more fun standing in line than most people have on the rides!
9. I’m tired of dystopian novels. Does the future have to be dark and nasty?
10. If “The Lazarus Game” were made into a movie 20 years ago, the perfect actor for Carter Chance would be Matthew Broderick. Think of a blend Matthew’s roles in “War Games” and “Ferris Bueller.” Perfect, right?