A review copy was provided
THE CHARITY CHIP
by Brock Booher
Isak comes to his rescue and offers him a chance at a better life through a hi-tech humanitarian program. The only catch is a microchip implanted between the thumb and forefinger of the hand.
At first life improves dramatically, but when another participant dies mysteriously, Julio suspects that the chip does more than just dispense charity.
Now he must uncover the truth behind the charity chip before someone else suffers the same fate.
From the Back CoverIsak held up his left hand and ran his finger along the space between his thumb and forefinger.
"This area of the hand has just enough room to house the chip I designed for the program. It allows the participants access to the Caritas facility and also serves as an individualized money chip. It has been affectionately dubbed the charity chip."
Julio, a fourteen-year-old orphan, has spent years doing whatever it takes to survive on the streets. When he meets Isak Blixt, the creator of the Charity Chip program, he thinks his problems are over. The program provides needy children with food, schooling, clothes, everything--for free!
But Julio soon discovers that nothing comes without a price. And the truth about the charity chip is anything but charitable.
This fast-paced mystery is full of twists and turns that will keep you hooked until the very last page.
WOW! This book is AMAZING!
WOW! This book is AMAZING!
Filled with beautifully written descriptive details you will feel the emotions of each character...especially Julio-
Life can be hard and sometimes it looks like you have found a way to make it better...But is it truly the better way?
Once you start this book don't plan on doing anything else for it will capture you and hold your attention and you will not be able to put it down until you reach the very end :)
A gripping tale!
Do not miss out on this one!
While these questions are meant to be discussed after you have read the book I feel that they address some very important decisions and can be benefited from-even before reading-- and hopefully they will also spark and even greater interest in reading this PHENOMENAL BOOK!
1. What is the value of a life? Are some lives more valuable than others? Why or why not?
2. How did you feel about Julio's promise to take care of his twin brother? How far does our responsibility to help others go?
3. Is Isak trying to do a good thing, or is he simply after the profits?
4. What would you do to solve world hunger? Will your solution place more value on one life than another? Will our solution strip other people of their rights?
5. Is it okay for Julio to steal in order to survive? How far would you be willing to go in order to survive?
6. If you could have a money chip implanted, would you? Why or why not?
7. How important is sports in your life? If you had to choose between a family event and the big game, which would you choose?
8. How has technology made your life better? How has it made your life worse?
9. What would you do to help Doctor Barilla overcome his addiction?
Brock Booher and a few other authors are offering a charity auction to help House of Refuge- a non-profit organization helping homeless families and individuals in crisis. More details are on my post at: http://ilovetoreadandreviewbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/online-charity-auction.html
About the Author