10 FUN FACTS ABOUT LAURA
2) One of my newest hobbies is growing pumpkins for fall decorating. I love the blue ‘Cinderella’ ones and plan to grow some of the crimson colored ones as well.
3) I still love to use old school technology sometimes, like records and VHS tapes.
4) Sense and Sensibility has been my favorite of Jane Austen’s novels, ever since I received a copy as a Christmas present in my teens.
5) Disney’s Aladdin was the first movie I saw at a movie theater.
6) Some of my current favorite TV shows are from PBS’ Mystery! and Masterpiece Theatre. I especially enjoy Sherlock, Endeavour, and Downton Abbey.
7) My guilty pleasure TV is the CW network’s costume drama Reign. I would love to own a gown like one of the gorgeous designs featured on the show!
8) World travel is a big dream of mine. I’ve been to England on a college trip, but we didn’t visit London, to my deep disappointment. I would love to see Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and Baker Street, among other sites.
9) In the summer, I like to reread the books I loved as a tween. Some of my favorites back then were mystery series, like The Spotlight Club and The Three Investigators.
10) I realized that despite all the fairs and theme parks I’ve visited through the years, I’ve never been on a Ferris Wheel.
Laura's book is a modern retelling of Jane Austen’s EMMA
with shades of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE.
But Doctor Colin Ferris disagrees. During a guest segment on Em’s show, he challenges her advice on the air and offends her personally in their brief, private exchanges. Rude and pretentious, he’s the last person Em would imagine as the author of a best-selling guide on being a gentleman in modern times. He’s also the last person she would choose to work with—but Fate makes that decision before Em can avoid it.
In her worst PR nightmare ever, Em finds herself paired with Colin in a reality show quest to help a romantically-challenged young woman. Shy, awkward Harriet Smith needs more than just a little advice, but can two people so vastly different in their opinions really help her? As Em struggles to find common ground with Colin, she learns there’s more to him than meets the eye…and maybe more between them than opposing ideas about love.