I CAN DO HARD THINGS
by Ganel-Lyn Condie
We talk of emergency preparedness for the big earthquakes or world events. More often, it is the personal trials that hit close to home that are the most difficult.
If we wait to prepare spiritually until the storm hits, we may find ourselves blown over . . .The question is not “Will I face challenges?” but rather, “How will I deal with challenges when they come?”
I Can Do Hard Things with God is an inspiring collection of essays by a variety of LDS women who have confronted this very question.
Replete with examples of sisters who have faced trials of death and disability, infertility and illness, and so much more, this poignant anthology brings to life the fact that these women are prevailing against all odds.
They offer glimpses into lives that have been uplifted and enriched through stalwart preparation and unwavering faith, and readers will come to understand that they too can rely on God’s grace to strengthen them in their adversity.
I knew this book would be good just by the title. However, I was not prepared for HOW AMAZING this book is! I went to bed early one night not feeling well and I took this book with me. As I started reading, MY burdens were lightened. Reading these heartbreaking stories of problems with health, finances, family, mental illness, and loneliness I found that with my tears for them I was healing. I am SO GRATEFUL these women felt brave enough to share their stories. For if they can do what they are doing...well, then, I can do what I am being asked to do. I couldn't put the book down and stayed up very late reading about these women whom I wanted so badly to hug. They ARE doing hard things! But as they testify--they are able to do those hard things--with God. May we each turn to the Father who holds out His arms waiting for us to run to Him...for it is from Him that we gain our strength.
About the Author
See more at: http://www.ganellyn.com
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT
1. I am always rooting for the underdog and love learning about different cultures/religions/ideas. I believe everyone has a great story to share!
2. I love Jane Austen movies especially Sense and Sensibility…but singing Les Miserables makes me cry and smile all at once.
3. I make a chocolate chip cookie recipe, with a secret ingredient that makes always turnout – they are now called GANEL COOKIES by friends and family.
4. There are three original paintings I painted hanging in our home – but I don’t consider myself an artist.
5. I raised pigs when growing up in 4-H!
6. Loved cleaning and organizing from the age of 2! Still love to clean and organize!
7. When I first got a cell phone I was upset because I didn't want to be seen as high maintenance.
8. I am a die-hard Tom Selleck fan and will listen and read anything by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland!
9. I listened to Poison when I was doing Chemo treatments for a heart condition while serving as a ward Relief Society president.
10. As a newly married wife living just above the poverty line, I didn't want the paramedics to cut my new pants to check out my hurt leg because my poor college husband hadn't seen me in them yet.