Author: Carole Thayne Warburton
Release Date: January 2013
Publisher: Walnut Springs Press
This is one of those very fun mystery books where you like the character and think they are the good guy...
and then the author throws in a twist and now you dislike the character and think they are the bad guy...
and then the author throws in another twist and now you don't know if the character is good or bad...
so you keep reading and more twists are given...
and by now you are so undecided that you just sit back enjoy the ride of the story to find out who is good and who is bad...
SO GOOD! A true page turner!
"Penny Thorton’s dreams of being a park ranger start to unravel her first week on the job when she finds a dead bear in Yellowstone’s back country.
Shots are fired as she runs away, but once she tells the authorities, all evidence evaporates.
Penny’s aunt Iris, who is bent on eradicating an invasive species of daisy from the park, puts that mission on hold when more bears are killed and she becomes entangled in the mystery.
After several attempts on Penny’s life, she and Iris learn to trust no one—not even their friends."
10 Fun Things to know about the Author:
1. I started making pottery forty years ago at Orem High and have been making it ever since.
2. I've been to Yellowstone over 70 times and that's one of the reasons I set the book "Poaching Daisies" there.
3. I met my husband in Logan Cave.
4. I knew I wanted to be a writer in the 3rd grade.
5. I graduated magna cum laude with an English degree when I went back to school to deal with my "mid-life crisis".
6. I taught school in the tiny town of Grouse Creek in a school of K-10 with 24 kids total.
7. To celebrate my birthday I go on a hike with friends and family. I've done this every year for the last 17 years.
8. One of my favorite places to eat is the Tandoori Oven in Logan.
9. I enjoy speaking in sacrament meeting--though it's been more than a decade since I've been asked. :)
10. One of my favorite things about spring is hearing the sandhill cranes fly over our house in Avon.