Author: Emily H. Bates
Release Date: December 2014
Publisher: Sweetwater Books
Genre: YA Fantasy
This is a GREAT adventure story tied in with a TWIST of fantasy!
Rustav has had a terrible childhood and has run hard and fast to escape it.
Taken in by a kind woman and her daughter Rustav feels that he has left his past behind him.
Just as things are starting to look good Rustav must go on the run again.
Knowing that it is his only escape Rustav braves the demon-infested forest....(this was one of my favorite part of the story :)
It is while in this forest that Rustav learns his true identity...
Is he brave enough to face his future or will he run again?
"Saving his people may
lead Rustav to his own destruction"
About the Author
FUN FACTS ABOUT EMILY
1. I love music and have, at various times of my life, played piano, clarinet, bass clarinet, trumpet, guitar, organ, and harmonica.
2. I have 13 Harry Potter books on my shelf: the series, an extra book 7, a UK book 7, books 1 and 3 in German, plus Fantastic Beasts and Quidditch Through the Ages.
3. I am incapable of whistling.
4. I'm one of those people who listen to Christmas music all year round.
5. I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid.
6. Therefore, the first "novel" I ever wrote was about kid astronauts going through a wormhole.
7. I've recently developed an obsession with crocheting, and I have totally mastered the magic loop. Sort of.
8. I will only eat bananas if they are properly green and paired with Nutella. Once bananas start getting all yellow and brown, I can't even handle the smell.
9. Sometimes I read the Chicago Manual of Style for fun. Yes, I know.
10. I have brainwashed my daughter well. At a year old, her favorite thing to do is sit in a corner and read books.
(A review copy was provided, however, all reviews are of my own opinion :)