She is a writer, mother, wife, and teacher. She received a bachelor’s and master’s degree in English from Brigham Young University. By day, she teaches Honors writing classes at Brigham Young University. By night, she writes fiction and creative non-fiction. In between, she does laundry, stops fights, french-braids hair, loses her sanity and rarely cooks.
Lisa lives in Orem Utah, with her ancient Siamese cat, her husband (who cooks nearly as well as Dennis) and her two adorable daughters.
Ten Fun Things About Lisa:
1. I come from a long line of teachers. My mother was my high school Spanish teacher for four years, and I got to watch, in action, the kind of hard and sometimes gut-wrenching experiences she went through. She was, and is, an inspiration to me.
2. I can balance a spoon on the end of my nose for hours. I also bequeathed this gift to my two daughters.
3. Right now, I’m giving birth to a book, and a new baby (due in January 2013). I’m not sure which process is more labor intensive.
4. I love to give my writing students extra credit for crazy things: like wearing ugly sweaters, or selling ridiculous items on ebay.
5. I adore high heels. I’m a short girl, and I love to feel tall.
6. I have a little bit of Grammy Blume’s disco fever. I was on the dance team in high school, and I still love to shake my booty. I currently have the highest score in my house in Just Dance.
7. I love the idea of flawed, ordinary people doing everyday extraordinary things.
8. I started riding horses before I could walk. I won my first horse show when I was six. I still have the belt buckle.
9. I married a man who can cook better than I can. And I’m so glad I did.
10. I’ve got more of Treasure’s story brewing in my brain: love, betrayal, reality TV, rival dance teams, more Patience, Donnie Osmond in a smart car, and ostrich farming. Now I just need to find time to write!
Her youngest daughter finished first grade this year.
What people are saying about The Unlikely Gift of Treasure Blume:
Sweet romance, witty humor, and tons of fun!
A great cute and fun read.
I REALLY LIKED THIS BOOK!
To see my full review click HERE
Check out her world at www.treasureblume.com
AND on facebook under Treasure Blume.