Nov 19, 2016

No Peace with the Dawn

A review copy was provided

NO PEACE WITH THE DAWN
by E.B. Wheeler and Jeffery Bateman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love to read for pure enjoyment without too much analyzing--but lately books like this really make me think about what I would do if I was in that situation-- Would I be able to just go on with life? Would I be one to join in the fight anyway I can? Would I put my life on the line to save another? This book is SO GOOD! I love that it is based on true facts--which just makes me wonder even more what I would do if these things hit close to home again.This one is a MUST-READ! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In 1917, the Great War seems far from Logan, Utah. But soon it will change the lives of suffragette and mechanic Clara, Swiss-German immigrant and LDS convert Trudi, Marine Corps volunteer Reed, and Shoshone seeking U.S. citizenship Joseph. This novel weaves real events with compelling fictional characters into a sweeping tale of war, romance, self-discovery, and sacrifice.

Favorite Quotes
As I have read this book I have really pondered what war is like and how it affects the people who serve-- Here are a few quotes from the book that I really loved:
  • "It is messy work. You see some things here that are unpleasant."  
  • "The sights and smells are disturbing--too much for some people."
  • "I'm from a farm, Ma'am. I have seen unpleasant things, and they do not frighten me."
  • "The world wasn't the same place it had been two years ago. Not only did she know it better, but it had changed as she watched, something of innocence dying in everyone around her as the machines of war pounded on."
Note
I never realized that at the end of WW1 there was an influenza pandemic (1918-1919) which killed more people than all the victims of the war. I learned so much from this book! You really do need to read it! FABULOUS BOOK!


See more books by E.B. Wheeler

See more books by Jeffery Bateman

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I Love to Read and Review Books :) Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template